Who is Kristen?

My photo
The girl who is never at home. If I'm not taking a trip, I'm planning one (or more!) I am fortunate enough to be able to travel close to home or to far off places. Canadian ex-pat currently living in Mexico.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Happy Birthday Mickey!!

No matter how great a vacation is, I have this "thing" about returning to the same place - a fact which sometimes drives my husband a little crazy - no matter how great the resort or destination, I always want to find "something better" or "newer" or "different".

However, that rule has never applied to my favourite place on earth - Walt Disney World!  I have lost count how many times I've been to The World (probably more than 40) and I never tire of it.  People ask me why I love it so much and I'd have to say I'm drawn to the guy that started it all - nope, not Walt (although I do think he was a brilliant man) -it's Mickey Mouse.  Yep, I love Mickey Mouse - he's always happy, reigns over a magical kingdom,  and has been the source of so many amazing memories in my lifetime.  I will never forget riding Space Mountain for the first time with my Dad, experiencing my husband and daughter's first visit - he at 24, she at 10 mos., riding Tower of Terror with my Mom, and on, and on.....so  many of my happiest memories have involved Mickey and his world.  So today, I'd just like to say "Happy Birthday Mickey!"...thanks for the memories, and here's to 83 more!!

"I only hope we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment